FE meter trouble

cgarrett

I have upgraded from my Nikkormat FTn with a Nikon FE, and I am still getting used

to the match-needle meter. With that said, I have noticed that when I use an AI-

modded Nikkor lens of mine (the modification was done professionally) I notice that

when I am stopping down the lens, the black needle will sometimes go straight down

to 'B' (it rarely happens when I am opening up). This happens even when the camera

is on a tripod, pointing at a constant light source. It also happens (but much less

frequently) on an AI Nikkor lens of mine. Anyway, my question is this: does the

problem lie in the camera itself, or in the lens? Also, is this something that will go

away with a little 'exercise' of the camera (I have only put one or two rolls through it

since I got it). Thanks

Hank,

Why are you stopping down? Are you just checking the DOF or are you still thinking the now AI'ed lens needs to be stopped down? Just choose an appropriate f-stop, let the FE set the shutter speed and quit worrying about what it shows while "stopped down".

I'd say shoot the whole roll of film, get it developed and then see if there's a problem ~ ; - )