Need a Screw for the SC-28 Flash Cord

david_thomas8

Forgive the indulgence!

Ive just bought a SC28 TTL remote cord, a quickflip flash bracket

for use with my D70 and Sb800 (for weddings)

What size screw do I require to connect the female end of the sc28

to the bracket, and where do i get them from? There are no screws

provided with either the SC28 or the stroboframe.

Im really looking forward to having a screw!! LOL

Cheers,

Dave

The anti-twist plate comes with an appropriate screw I think.

I replaced mine with a thumb-screw though (bought from Home Depot), because I often find a need to use the flash with the cord _without_ the Stroboframe bracket. So being able to remove it without getting a screwdriver is a big plus for me.

At first though, it was a bit of a nuisance, since when I removed the cord, the anti-twist plate and thumb screw were loose pieces that could have been easily lost. But, there is a threaded hole in the anti-twist plate for a smaller screw, to hold it to the bracket when the cord is removed, so I bought the appropriate sized screw from Home Depot as well. To prevent loosing the larger thumb screw, I jury rigged a captive device with a little strip of plastic and a lockwasher. This works very well - it hasn't fallen off yet, and doesn't interfere with taking the cable on and off. I can post a photo and better description of this later, if people are interested.

I also use one of those black "binder clips" (i.e. heavy duty clamping paper clip) to secure the length of the cord to the Stroboframe bracket. The cable is routed through the clip's chrome handles, and the clip itself is attached to the top of the bracket. Again, this makes it really quick to remove the cable from the bracket when I don't want to use it, and keeps the cable nicely wrapped around the bracket when I do.

Darren

It is a standard tripod screw width - but you'll need one long enough to go through the frame, plus the anti-twist-plate (you'll need this), and still screw into the head of the cable. That means it'll be longer than the average tripod screw.

On a related matter, I bought a stroboframe of unknown parentage from ebay (it had a sticker saying 'stroboframe' on it but no other identifying marks), and have had a very frustrating time getting the D-70 plus anti-twist plate screwed onto it. The plate did not seem to quite align with the frame, and the plate which I was told was supposed to fit was also about 3mm too big for the d70. This allowed for a small but irritating amount of twist.