Sample wedding pics with Lightsphere II?

suzanne carey

Hi guys. I have recently renewed my interest in Gary Fong's

Lightsphere II. I have done several searches on this forum and on

another forum, but I have yet to see some wedding picture samples.

Just curious if any of you have some or can direct me to some.

Thanks!

I'm also trying to find information on where to puchase the Lightsphere. All searchs inside and outside of photo.net have yielded nothing. I've checked BHphoto and other sites and cannot find it. Where do you buy this? Or do I have to know someone to buy this?

Tom

<< All searchs inside and outside of photo.net have yielded nothing >>

I find this very difficult to believe. Especially given the number of solid hits google returned on just the term "lightsphere." There's plenty of discussion on photography forums that have been indexed.

Regardless, Gary Fong is the inventor.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=digitalphotographersnet

Gary is also going to be at WPPI in Vegas this weekend with some show specials, so you

can get one there. I purchased one several weeks ago directly from his website and got it

within a couple of days. It's great. I'll be doing my first wedding in April with it.

Great, Eric share your pictures with us when you get some! Sorry, I should have included the link to it in my original post. I think Gary now has a little video you can watch too of him explaining it. Seeing him hold it on his camera, it does not seem to be as big as I thought it was. I am quite interested to see its results!

I bought my lightsphere II a couple of days ago and it arrived yesterday. I must say that by the looks of his samples (gary fong) on the website I figured this device was worth trying.

I had made my own contraption up. It is a plastic "cup" that is used for 4" conduit (Electrical) it has a tab on the inside bottom to tie a string to when you put a pull string in conduit to pull wire. I cut that off and then outlined my 550ex flash in the center and cut that out . I essentially made a version of the lightsphere. I also cut a white t-shirt and made a cover for the open end (like a softbox) After getting the lightsphere and checking against my contraption I have come to the conclusion that they both work exactly the same. The only thing different about the lightsphere is that it looks better.

Oh yeah, I heard some say that their lightsphere slips off their flashes and they have to install gaffers tape. Mine does not do that. Gary says to try it on top and or bottom. If it is loose on one way try the other, well I put mine on and it fit snugly at first try. I made a mark with my sharpe "top" so I would not have to think about which side was which, just in case.

Rob