Fuji GA645W Parallax correction

david_hay1

I just bought a Fuji GA645W which is in great condition, but the

parallax correction doesn't move. Can anyone tell me if it is

supposed to move as in the GA645. Also when the camera is focussed

to infinity I believe the crosshair should be right in the centre of

the view frame?? In mine it is not making me think that the parallax

has jammed at close focus.

I have a GA645 with the 60 mm lens. Your one may be slightly different. The crosshair is quite centered at infinity. When focusing closer, the top and left frame markers move in for parallax compensation. This is very noticeable, to the point that at closest focusing distance the frame lines are almost in the middle of the viewfinder window, not near the corners as in infinity.

David,

I have also bought a GA645W recently. The parallax correction brightlines certainly move on my camera as you shift the focus point between infinity and an object close-by.

Do you hear the autofocus motor working as you shift the point of focus around?

Good Luck,

Mark.

Mark raised a very good point. Does the lens move when you focus it? When focusing to close distance the motor moves the lens about 10mm out of the body at the same time as the parallax lines move in the viewfinder. It is possible to manually lock the focus so that the lens and parallax marks do not move when taking a picture but after the power is switched off, the lock is canceled and next time the camera is back in autofocus mode. Maybe yours is permanently locked into closest focus?

Also, the display in the bottom of the viewfinder shows the distance setting. In your case does it say Inf or 0.7 or what?

• 14 years later...
I have the same frameline issue with my GA645w. the lens motor moves without hiccuping or stuttering. the distance and exposure measured with the crosshair is accurate. it’s just the framelines do not correct for parallax. could this be just a viewfinder issue?