what 50mm fits?

smooch

Earl,

Any LTM (Leica thread mount) lens will fit an M6 with a LTM to M adapter. These adapters are currently made by Voightlander and others. Leica used to make them. I use my Canon 50mm f/1.2 lens with an adapter on my M3 & M4-P and it would work just as well on an M6.

For a 50mm lens you would need one that brought up the 50mm frame lines. The 28 & 90 use the same adapter as does the 35 & 135. The 75mm lens would use the 50mm adapter.

The new Zeiss Icon 50mm Planar will fit an M6 as it is an M mount lens. There quite a few 50mm LTM lenses made by Canon, Yashica, Minolta, Nikon ect in the 50's & 60's that with an adapter will work with the M6.

Some other good 50mm lenses that will fit with an adaptor:

Nikkor f=2 & f=1.4; are particularly nice lenses and won't cost much. They are comparable in quality to the Summitar. Canon made equivalent lenses that are also obtainable at bargain prices. There are many more, too numerous to list here. I like the 40mm Summicron C on my M6. It is one of the best lenses Leica ever made and can be had for 1/3 to 1/2 what you would pay for a Summicron 50. No adaptor needed.

Also don't forget the Russian LTM lenses, in particular the Jupiter-8, an excellent Sonnar copy that is very cheap. Optical quality is generally very good, but build quality is all over the place. Still at a price range between $15-40 (sometimes with a camera attached!) you can afford to buy a few and at least one of them will be a cracker. LTM lens so requires an adapter (the adapters can be bought new for $30 + shipping BTW).