Need help mounting lens on Hasselblad

philip_glass

I've been loaned a Hasselblad 500c/m with an 80 planar lens, but no

instruction book. The camera has a surprising number of interlocks.

I cannot figure out how to mount the lens back on the camera body. I

have tried depressing the lens release button, winding the shutter

etc. Anyone have some advice or know of an online instruction manual.

Thanks.

Philip, here is a link to the Hasselblad manual:

http://www.hasselbladinfo.com/pdf_files/manuals/Hasselblad_500CM_manual.pdf

It does talk about mounting the lens, cocking the shutter (both the body and the lens should be cocked before mounting?), etc.

Hopefully, someone will be able to provide additional details - the one thing I would be careful is checking to make sure tha body and lens are cocked before any attempts to mount the lens. I am not sure doing otherwise would cause the lens to jam (I am new to the 500CM - got one last week and have loved the pics taken so far!)

Good luck.

philip, shutter must be cocked on lens and film winder advanced on camera before mounting and dismounting lens, good idea to get some instruction material on the camera or you will get yourself into trouble. since the camera is not your own i would take the time and trouble to understand the process, dont worry its simple.

Cock the camera by winding the camera advance crank, at this point the mirron is down. Then you must be sure the lens too is cocked, you must look trough it, if the leaf shutter is open the lens is cocked otherwise you must cock it. You must procede this way: on the rear of the lens you can see a little thin slot, you must rotate this slot clock-wise until it lock. You must turn it untill the end in just one step, if you release the slot befor it stop, it return to te original position. You can use a littel screwdriver, put attention not to slip it because you could sratch the rear lens element. After this operation you must put the lens on the body matching the red arrow and red dot then turn the lens toward the lens release button (the one poosite to the shutter release button) untill it stop. To dismount the lens you must press the release button and rotate it on the opposite way. Before the mounting/dismounting the lense both camera and lens must be cocked, simply be sure to turn the crank on the body after each exposure.