sinar to horseman

ed_prest

I have a Sinar P which I actually drag around outdoors - sometimes. I

would like a field camera but would like to use the lenses and lens

boards I have without modifications (90, 150, 210 and a too long 360).

Just grab and run. Is a horseman the only way to go?

There are many ways but all needs a change of the lensboard as first step!You can go the Linhof Technika route then you have to mount all lensboard on Technika boards and buy an adapter for to use them on the Sinar or you buy the lensboard for the Horsman FA and buy the adapter for them for the use on the Sinar, but if the 360mm is the Copal 3 then its not possible for the Horseman Field anyway would work only on the Linhof boards!

I use a Horseman LE. It folds down fairly compactly. I can get it, 5 film holders, dark cloth, meter, polaroid back, and some misc stuff into a Lowepro stealth backpack. It isn't exactly lightweight, but it does use the same lensboards and many accesories. I'm using a Sinar shutter on mine so that I can use barrel lenses... If you want to use a monorail, it's probably the best way to go without having to mess with adaptors. I did just get a 5x7 field camera for more portability. I loose a lot of movements, options for accesories, and bellows extension possibilities, but the thing is only 5 1/2 pounds and is considerably smaller when folded up. Oh yeah, keep in mind that the Horseman field cameras do not use the same size lensboards as the monorails...

Isaac

I have a Sinar lens board that takes the smaller lens boards for Toyo field cameras so the lenses are mounted on Toyo lens boards. They can be then used as is for the Toyo 45 or mounted in the Sinar to Toyo adapter for use with a Sinar P. Not only is this grab and go but it is less bulky as the larger Sinar lens boards are never used. I don't know where you can get the adapter--I got mine in an auction. Hope this helps.