retrieve the Rollienar that he hadn't yet sold. Someone had misplaced

the Rolleinar so rather than waste time searching for it [i, in the

meantime, was having a fine time playing with the new Bessa R3A],

Rich simply asked me what I thought it was worth, I told him, and

he "bought" it for that price. As has been pointed out before,

Rich/Photovillage is a class act. BTW, the R3A is one sweet camera,

very good build quality, feels 'right' in the hands and the shutter

is quiet.

In qualitative terms, how quiet is the R3a shutter? Like an M? Like a Bessa R? Bessa T?

One thing that I don't see many people mentioning is that it should be waaay easier to find shutter service for Cosina bodies than Leica ones. This was true for the Bessa R, which was built with the same shutter as the OM-1000 (I think) and the Nikon FM-10. I wonder about the R3A, though.

Dré

Ron: The Photovillage shop in a shop is quite well done, very upscale. retail space in NYC is expensive but Rich's shop is designed in a way that you just don't feel rushed.

Dre': The R3A's shutter is almost as quiet as the M's but there is the slight metallic click that you don't hear with the cloth shutter of the Leica. More quiet than the R2 and considerably more so than the R. I meant to look at the T but had to catch a train.

Sorry Rich, very nearly bought that Leica lens some time ago, time sped by but thank you

very much for all your advice all the same. Maybe next time, as I have decided on the

virtues of film Leicas! I would second recommendations on this page that Photovillage

should be on the short list of anyone looking for Leica or related gear.

After I purchased an MP that turned out to have a defective frame preview lever, Rich replaced it, simply upon my report of the problem, without inspecting the camera, without even opening the box I returned it in.

He trusts his customers and I trust him.

Great store, great staff. Highly recommended. Maybe no camera is perfect, but Rich Pinto's service is.