Mpix - for B&W

My experience with MPIX is the same for colore or B&W. They send back technically excellent prints if I send them technically excellent files. I have only seen B&W prints on their standard paper (Kodak Ultra Endura) and the metallic paper (Kodak Endura Metallic paper, a really cool paper in both B&W and color BTW, but it is probably not appropriate for all your images). They also offer a "true" B&W paper (which I assume is <a href=http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/papers/digitalBW/digitalIIIBWPaper.jhtml?id=0.1.16.14.28.30&lc=en>Kodak Professional Digital Black and White Paper</a>.<p>

I can't say how they do with film, but with digital files, I have been quite satisfied.

The true-B&W prints are great. I have had them printed from scanned film, both real B&W negative and color negative. Found that I did not really have to mess around with compensating for darkening/lightening in printing, and that I sent them a file that looked good on my Thinkpad screen and it looked good on the paper.