Si Chuan of China's gallery from PBASE

min_wong1

Sorry, I fought with the editing portion and lost. Please excuse typos. Actually I seemed to had lost the whole answer. If this is a repeat, sorry.

I would suggest contacting a local Chinese photographer/guide, who was provide the right kind of vehicles, drivers, cheap, adequate places to stay. The back roads in China are not easy to navigate. Also, there many other beautiful places in the back country of China. With your camera skills, you should return with more outstanding and unique pictures. I will e-mail you some contacts if I can find them, but not in the near future.

I think it's not allow for hiking and camping there. It is a few place in the world wild pandas inhabit. However, the valley trial is just so long and may take you a couple of days to walk through. Also, just about a few hours ride, there are another National park called Huang Long is located. Jiu Zhai Gou and Huang Long are both named by United Nation "World Natural Heritages ". It is one of the few highland remains of the glazial ages in the world too. Discovered 30 years ago.

The best season to vistit there is early November. You can see so much colors of the nature reflecting on the crystal clear blue water. Please keep in mind that October is a really busy travel season for Chinese people. Better not to visit during that busy time.

It is connected to Tibet. If you go there, you may want to go Tibet too.

I don't want to sound like the Chinese Chamber of Commerce, but there are so many beautiful places to see in China besides the usual tourist attactions, that I would suggest an extended visit. I would also I second the above notes on picking the right season and visiting Tibet.

I have pictures from western China that people think were taken in the 4 corners of the USA.