Ordering from Amazon?

mary_f2

I had one bad experience with amazon.com when ordered my first 5D. They sent me a camera which was defective and used. I guess it was used only as far as some one got it before me and returned it because it did not work, then they sold it again. So I returned it and ordered one from B&H, came in perfect.

Since then I never ordered camera gear from amazon but still comparing the prices and saw that B&H actually has better prices.

Hope this helps.

Miklos

"I advise that no one take Amazon's free shipping offer unless you are in no hurry for the product.

From my experience, their free shipping equates to DELAYED shipping. If you pay for shipping, the order will likely go out sooner. "

That statement is so NOT true. I have ordered a ton of stuff from Amazon, including cameras and photo printers and always choose free shipping. Unless an item is not in stock, I have ALWAYS got what I ordered in a few days, in some cases I have even received my order the next day (yes, the next day with FREE shipping) although that is not a usual occurance.

I have also order from B&H and they ship fast too and their shipping charges are not bad.

The advantage to ordering from Amazon is their liberal return policy. The advantage to ordering from B&H or Adarama is if you have questions you can call them and talk to an expert.

• 11 months later...

I was quite surprised, at $60.00 less each than what I used to pay for them a year ago

from Best Buy or other stores. Usually Best Buy does not stock but the cheapest ever for

cards lately. You never see Extreme III's or better.

This is a complete turn around from trying this almost to the day a year ago with

Amazon. They wanted $28.00 for standard, and $45.00 for 3 day air. For items

combined that weight less than a pound.

Amazon at that time never had to touch the process, other than order it drop shipped

from 17th Str Photo.

I cancelled that $350.00 order.

It cost me only $20.00 for example to ship a large 16" mag truck wheel UPS across

country.

At this price point, I won't waste time looking for better deals by .10 cents.

So the battle of emails that went back and forth at the time must of stubbed some toes

to common sense.

I left some for the rest of you.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDCFX3-2048-901-Extreme-CompactFlash-

Package/dp/B0007G6RZE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1201893139&sr=1-2

It is difficult to navigate straight to the item at times. The menu system is so so.

They want you to scroll through 4 pages of every item first.

I'm sure that's the walk down the isle tactic.

If one enters SanDisk, you get no further preference to narrow it down at Amazon.

Unreal, Free shipping this time!

I probably saved $15.00 in fuel and -20 below weather.

Beat that in pajama's with a warm laptop.

Cheers'