Shocking image

In a constitutional state an individual is not guilty until proven so. To me it has not been proven that the photo is fake. Until then it ahs been proven so the comments are just abusive. Whether it is a fake or not, I don't take any stand. I am pretty handy with Photoshop, but I can not obviously see it is a fake. After googleing for while, I can see that people like "her" do exist. Thus, the photo could be real.

When someone pointed at the moon the other was looking at the finger.

No matter to me if it's fake or not. It can possibly be original.

And the possibility in a chaotic system as the one we live carries yet another one as a possible message. The extreme diet of dancers. What would be the difference if there was a depiction of the starving children of the third world, the ready to die people from cancer, the ready to die people from this and that. What is moving is not the subject, but the knowing of the mortality in flesh and bones alive knocking the door of ourselves while we dress death cheerfully. That is for me the paradox message sent (if there's a message anyway anyhow).

The girl is looking at us saying with her eyes, now I'll be dying soon what you look is the result of your idealized world of dancing bodies, where mental sickness begins. Goodbye you sick world, I'm dancing my way out

<i>"The girl is looking at us saying with her eyes, now I'll be dying soon what you look is the result of your idealized world of dancing bodies, where mental sickness begins. Goodbye you sick world, I'm dancing my way out"</i>

<p>

This may be what you interpret her to be 'saying' Billy, but the reason people like her become this way is that they cannot see that they are thin - in fact, she probably imagines that she is still too fat! She may be about to die, but I think she will be the person most surprised if that happens!

I cannot believe the head and body go together. I don't believe it. It's good work, though.

Much better than the pic I saw a few years ago in the grocery of Janet Reno walking a runway

in a bathing suit and heels. Did any of you see that? A real masterpiece. haha.

I don't think this photo has been faked. I think perhaps it might look that way because the head is out of proportion with what might be a normally proportioned body. I don't see that a head has been plopped onto a body. Regardless of the uneasy subject matter I think he did a good job and made an interesting image. Look how much interest and speculation it generated here, I consider that a succesful photograph.

Just my opinion.

No photograph is real. All our photographs have been faked. Only real is real. A photograph is a photograph. MOST people begin manipulating an image when they start to look through the viewfinder or at the ground glass trying to find a paricular "angle." Every time a person says "this photograph is/is not flattering to the model" he/she is commenting on the unreality of the very act of photographing.

Manipulated/not maniupulated, who cares. Its a powerful image.

Ansel Adams manipulated his images, as did Weston (dodging and burning IS manupulation).

Anyone who has known a well known model casually knows that NO ONE looks as good in person as they do airbrushed in Vogue. This is most likely simply an opposite application of that principle...

• 2 weeks later...