Availability of 35mm Fuji Astia, Provia, Reala and NPH in Chennai

ramana_murthy

I am originally from Chennai, living at present in US. Last time I had been

there was in 2002. I am going there in November for a month and could not find -

using my google skills - wether the fuji films Astia 100, Provia 400, Reala

100, 400 H and Kodak CN are available in Chennai or not. I am positive about

the availabilty, but just want to confirm before I start from here. Any

information on where to find them and process them in Chennai would be greatly

appricated. Thanks. - Ramana

Madras was rebaptised "Chennai", because Hindu chauvinism cant stand the idea that all mayor Indian cities were founded (or grew to importance) by the British. Same with Bombay/Mumbay. Political extremism manifest themself often in renaming of cities - Chemniz/Karl Marx City; Petersburg/Leningrad.

You might have better luck with a search for: Madras Fuji photo shop

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Rebaptising has nothing to do with Hindu chauvinism (btw, that is very limited). It has to do more with politics and some of Indian politicians have the habit of renaming places. Not sure if it really serves any purpose, except for whatever political reasons they have.

Anyway, coming back to the original question: There is a studio near Santhi theatre (mount Road) who is the fuji distributor. There is also a store called Foto Trade On Wallajah Road and another store near Guindy.

I have seen Provia, Reala, Sensia and Velvia. Not sure about Astia and NPH. Bought Reala , Sensia in Dec 2006. chk a bit in advance for slide film. u might need to wait to get slide film