What is this orange business?

I've solved the color cast problem. As many of you have suggested, in my

previous thread, it was a software issue. VueScan solved the problem, and the

generic film setting worked better than the Fuji settings. But I still can't

figure out this orange business on the edges. My first reaction was that it

must be a light seal issue. However, I don't notice any problems on the black

and whites taken on the same day with the same camera. What say you

processing gurus?<div>00IJZz-32788684.jpg.cdff4a573331ab5e5903ea1fff45904c.jpg</div>

Looks very much like edge fog, as if the sealed 120 roll was left exposed to light too long

before processing. That explains top & bottom, but the end edge to the right definiteley

looks like a door issue. Fog effects color much more than B&W, especially slow B&W. If you

convert this image to B&W with whatever software you're using you may see it all but

dissappear.

Sadly I've also seen similar color striping when a scanner bulb is on its way out. Good luck.

Not sure about the light leak although it seems plausible. One thing I note is that the

sprocket holes are clearly visible along the top and bottom of your shots, this could be

light leak in the camera, take the camera outside in bright light (for over half an hour) and

take some blank shots, then gaffa tape the back so no light could get in take more blanks.

Finally take some of the sky (to check for internal reflections)

Process the film look carefully.

In fact could you tape one of the negs to a window and photograph it with a digicam?

Your images look strange, flat and milky and very unlike Fuji images which tend to be

quite punchy. I've done many years as a lab tech and I'm pretty good with neg evaluation

I'll bet there's a answer to this but it could be a number of things or a combination of

those things.

Hope you nail it

Mark