boston to vermont

notso bad

I will be driving from Boston to Vermont (stowe area) on 93 to 89 this weekend.

We are in no hurry and detours would be possible.

Can anyone recommend any scenic opportunities along the way? Or should we wait

until we get to our destination??

thanks

I would get off 89 and travel west on Route 4. You will drive over Quechee Gorge, which is definitely worth a stop. After the gorge continue driving west on Route 4 and you will drive through Woodstock, stop and take some more pictures. Continue West on Route 4 and then pick up Route 100 and drive north. This is a beautiful drive, twisty and turny, not as fast as 89 but MUCH more scenic. Stowe is farther north on 100 so you don't have to do anymore thinking about driving. Just pull over when you feel like it and shoot. Once you get past the interchange with 89 near Stowe keep your eyes open for outlet stores on your left, there is a Cabot Cheese outlet and a bunch of other stores. There is a great camera store in there called Green Mountain Camera-I'm not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer, but if you need film or memory cards or anything they are really great people. Bring a map!

I love that camera shop! I asked for a job and would have struck up a conversation had my wife not reminded me that we live in Georgia and not Vermont. Go up hwy 108 and past smugglers notch resort. It looks like God dropped a handful of boulders onto that spot in the mountains. Trees grow out of them, very scenic.

thanks for the info. I am excited to be almost on my way. If I manage to produce anything viewable I will post to a gallery here, which I have been too lazy to do before.

Now that memory is cheap I will be shooting RAW + JPEG and I can try my hand at RAW processing but have the JPEG for backup and for pics that already look OK.