MIS aftermarket cartridges for Epson 1280?

I've only read good things about MIS inks, usually used in bulk for continuous flow systems.<p>Looking at the ad you linked to, I don't see any reference to those particular cheap cartridges having MIS inks in them. Notice in the description that MIS doesn't guarantee them, the Chinese manufacturer does. They may just be cheap no-name ink that MIS got a good price on for a temporary sale.<p>To be safe, you should ask MIS if <i>their</i> ink is in the cartridges.

I would not worry so much about damaging your printer as whether you will be pleased with the result. I use their pigmented ink with my 825 and, while it works, it is somewhat disappointing after seeing the vibrancy of dyes. Also, remember that you might have to create a profile (I know I did.)

I have been using them on an 1160 without any problems as far as the ink and printer go. In fact, I am continually amazed at how I can leave the printer for long periods of time without nozzle clogging problems at all. Definitely different from the MIS quadtone inks I have used. I have not done any testing or comparisons in regard to fading though.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html">Dougs

MF Film Holder for batch scanning of 120/220 medium format film with flatbeds</a>

I have used MIS pigment b&w inks in my 1280's for years. I know the company, I know the owner, and I have ultimate confidence in them.

I also use the MIS $5 Chinese made color dye ink carts in my 890 (narrow carriage 1280). And in my 1280 when ever I have a clog. The $5 carts are not MIS blended ink but seem as good and as trouble free as the Epson equivalents.

There seems to be a lot a cheap junk aftermarket inks on the market, but the MIS $5 ones are not junk. I use and recommend them.