HTML/Plain Text

robert x

Dear photo.net feedback forum,

When I type a message in a forum post, I will usually write in plain text and very occasionally will mark it

up in HTML.

Almost without exception, every time I write in HTML I forget to adjust the little box to reflect that, and so

always see my previewed text come out with lots of <tags> all over it, so have to back up my browser

page and change the box and then hit "post" again.

Is there no way to put on the "preview page" a little box enabling you to switch between HTML/Plain Text ?

It's a minor annoyance, and caused purely by my own forgetfulness, but I am sure I am not the only one to

do it and it would be an improvement.

Robert Xylophone.

I'm partly guessing here, but many HTML tags may have been disabled in the Biography section due to misuse. At one point people were doing all sorts of wierd things there and many pages no longer resembled anything else on photo.net in either color or layout. The idea was that the pages should keep a "photo.net" look and not include "stupid HTML tricks".

You can use HTML in the bio section, just not all HTML tags. I don't know exactly what is allowed and what is not, but things like bold text and paragraphs work just fine.

I think the text in the Bio box is, in fact, interpreted as HTML (unless it's smarter than I think and can tell the difference between plain text and HTML!).