Coolscan V problems when using ROC and GEM, hardware of software?

I found a simple solution to the "post processing error" I have a Nikon 4000 Firewire model. I was getting frustrated by this failure as I have about 1000 slides to go in a 6000 slide scanning project.

If you delete the temp files from the temp file path specified in Nikon Scan, the error goes away.

Nikon Scan -> EDIT - > Preferences -> File Location

Make note of the folder path used in FOLDER FOR TEMPORARY DATA. Use windows explorer and browse to this path. Delete all the files in this directory (should be something.tmp). Load up Nikon scan and enjoy.

I noticed that the deleting temp files eventually stopped working.

The second solution I found to this problem was to re-import my settings from Nikon Scan.

From the scanner window (not the Nikon Scan window) SETTINGS -> Export Settings and provide a meaningful name (this has to be done before the issue occurs.

When you get the post processing error, click in the scanner window (not the nikon scan window) and click settings import settings and browse to where you exported the settings.

Start scanning again without issue.

I noticed prior to performing the import that the file size in the scanner window (not nikon scan) was 42 bytes. After import it is back to the 65MBs I had set it too.

• 3 years later...

<p>Well I just bought a 2nd hand Nikon V ED and had exactly the same problem with ROC not running post on my system after preview. I did a search for the problem and tried replacing the Dll's as per the above instructions and so far so good! Huge thanks to Mark Huth ... the system was buggy but now seems fixed.</p>

<p>Simon.</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>I encountered the error message the original respondent reports, i.e., "There was an error in performing a post processing". <br>

I was able to clear the condition by going to Scanner->Settings->Reset to Factory Defaults in the Nikon Scan standalone application.<br>

I'm running Nikon Scan 4.0.2 using a Super Coolscan 5000 ED 1.03 via USB port. PC is running Window SP XP3.<br>

Since clearing the condition I've scanned two boxes of slides successfully.</p>