Creating An Effective Small Size Of Posting Ad

vernon98034

Hi,

I need to create a small size of posting Ad for an across business

reference opportunity. The enclosed is a people photography Ad I

created a few months ago. I feel that there is some room to make the

Ad more effective. I need some fresh idea of advertisement to design

my new Ad. Any suggestions on how to make it more effective will be

apppreciated.<div>00A1ll-20336484.thumb.jpg.c0794def22645477524ad7847090f622.jpg</div>

Hello,

My husband is a graphic artist/designer and i've watched him create many ads/promos/

flyers for clients. The first thing i've noticed is there isn't a name on the ad. I think that

would personalize it more.

Another thing; instead of using an "asteric" on the list, I think a "bullet" would be more

appealing. I also think the text are two different colors which I find distracting. They

should be the same color or complimentary colors on the color wheel.

I think the images sit on the "surface" of the ad. Somehow they should blend in more and

blend together.

Depending on your location, you may want to ad an area code to that phone number.

I agree with previous post. Also, maybe you could rearrange the photos to match the colours better. Of the top three the one in the middle could be placed with the photo at the bottom, and the two on the sides placed together. I also suggest you change the typeface, and try changing the colour too. Maybe a simple black would do?

Just some suggestions :)

<p>Thanks both for all your valuable feedbacks. All your points are right. The Ad definitively needs some rework. After posted it on a fairly high traffic spot about two months ago, I haven?t received a single call so far.

<p>I think it shall be a coloured background or has one of photos for the background. I just created a folder: ?Photo Ad? under my portfolio. It contains some photos usable for the new Ad. I am seeking opinions on how to put some of those photos together to produce an Ad.

<p>Thanks again.

<p>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=446279">Here</a> is the folder.

you have 30seconds of their attention span... so keep it snappy, mind the pun, sounds obvious but pick only your absolute drop dead stunning work. some of the ones you had could have been better... but other shots, especially the lil'uns close-ups... awesome!!! keep it to three or four images that you can fit on a 4x5 halfpage ad

layout is the same as composing a photograph, balance words and photos with ruler lines and white space. make it look smart and pro since you're on the right track

except... do you even have a business name? anything that makes you stand out and says something about your business style all at once? john smith's photography is taken, so come up with something neato that is uniquely your photo style

points i put down as my years of experience, genre speciality & reasonable prices, the selling point though is... what makes you unique? because almost anyone can pick up a camera and hack their way through a few photos, tell them why you can do better

i believe you can nail a catch-line "slogan" sales pitch that tickles the fancy, "i love creating timeless black and white images of relaxed family fun that you'll treasure for years to come..." as if i care, just something cliche but fresh sounding like that works and sublimially yells... sign up now! idunno i just thought that up on the spot, wish i could be done with college so i could work full-time hahah patience grasshopper

good luck

phil

Thanks very much Phil for your brief, but well covered marketing lesson. I just uploaded a working-in-progress version of the new Ad to the folder. In this version, I change the layout as well the font. I will replace some of the photos later to have the most striking ones up.

noworries on the info... someone helped me and i pass along the favour when i can, it takes a while to figure out those answers to unique angle and service... better on layout... only thing... CONTACT WHO??? use your name... vernon is a great name lol it's way more personal

figured out what my business would be called... while waiting for the bus for about 3hrs (over a couple days) before i found a business name i liked, it makes you look miles more pro... good luck on that, cheers

p.s. capitalize wedding... and do a ton of family portraits before taking on many large weddings unless you already have group and intimate posing down tight... other then that... enjoy the work

gooday