with it and the results. I would use it even more if I had either a

case with a strap for it, or at least a strap. Now, I've seen lots

of cases and some straps on the Big Auction Site, but I'm confused

about what fits what. Will any case for a later Rolleiflex fit an

Automat MX? Is there a case specifically for this model which I must

seek? I've seen "aligator" or "scissors" straps advertised, will

these fit an Automat MX? I'd be very grateful for any help/advice

folks could provide.

I concur with the reply about buying a regular strap. I prefer the Domke Gripper straps. For the Rolleiflex, I'd suggest the wide strap, which provides the most comfort.

I don't like the neoprene straps because they bounce and in the summer make your neck perspire.

The Domke Grippers tend to be slightly more expensive, but like most quality items, you only have to buy it once.

There are variations within the different Rolleiflex Automats in the location, size and existance of various knobs on the focus knob side. It's possible that any Automat case will fit, but it's also possible that it won't.

If the scissor clips do fit your camera, DO NOT trust the strength of the strap. There are a few people around here that have learned that lesson the hard way. I was given a free Mamiya RB67 strap in my local store which I cut and narrowed slightly at the ends, and riveted scissor clips to from a broken Rollei strap. Most craft stores carry leather punches and rivets. They can work double duty if you ever want to restore and every ready case.

The clips on the 2.8A model I used for a while were different. There was a slot on the camera into which a flat piece of metal in the ever-ready case slid into. If you have the scissor clips, there is an aluminum shroud on the camera covering a cylindrical post. I would not trust attaching anything to the aluminum shroud. Its not strong enough to bear the weight of a swinging camera IMO.

I tossed the rolleiflex leather case after a dozen uses because it's so cumersome to use in the field - at least for me. I instead got a nice metal folding lenscap off that Big Auction Site and used an old normal strap I had laying around and i've been much happier. The old strap (from a pentax 35mm) does a fine job and is secure.

Enjoy your 'new' rollei.