Hasselblad C Lense Trivia

charliexia

This three digit number is a code, and is used to indicate which particular lens a part is for.

For example, let's say I wanted to order a cocking shaft for an 80mm lens. The part number is 063. The code for an 80mm lens is 702, so I would order part number 702-063.

The code for a 150mm lens is 703. So if I wanted to order a cocking shaft for a 150mm lens, the part number would be 703-063.

Each lens has a different code number.

This number code system applies only to the older C type lenses. Starting with the CF lenses, the part numbers were changed.

David S. Odess

Factory trained Hasselblad technician

www.david-odess.com

• 3 months later...

David is correct, My 80mm f2.8 has a 702 on the ring. My problem is I have no idea What the year of Manufacture is. I do know that the body was made in 1967 and the back in 1958. The serial No. on the lens is 4865356 and the lens is in excellent condition.

Thanks

Carl Roberts

Carl,<br><br>According to the table in Richard Nordin's most excellent book, "The Hasselblad System Compendium" (get one today!), your lens was made in 1969.<br><br>Would you have a look at the rear of the lens (the mount, not the glass) with the lens's focussing ring turned all the way to its close-focus limit, and see if you can see anything stamped on it in ink?