How do you collect your clients payment!

Hey guys

What are some of the ways you collect money before or after

weddings. I know that 80% collect everything up front, while others

collect only 75%....I know there are a lot of different ways, I?m in

need to hear some input on this matter. My 50% now %50 upon delivery

seems to be working ok, but i am not so sure that its the best

business practice nor control over my work.

Come out you business guys.....give me some advice why your

collection model works best for you! What are complications you came

across in the past.....any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanx

Anton

30% deposit the day they sign. Remainder the day of the wedding or before.

I used to collect 30% deposit, then 1/2 of the balance at the wedding, and the remaining

balance when they picked up their materials. I may go back to this arraignment because it

was an incentive to complete the job faster : -O

20% on signing contract, 80% two weeks before wedding. A significant number of clients

have run into cash flow issues after the wedding and I'm glad that I collected my money up

front (as did all the other vendors such as, florists, caterers, DJ, etc.). No point in being

the last to get your money.

I collect 20% to hold the date but am somewhat flexible.. as long as it is around $500 to $700. Balance due the day of. I like getting the big check on the day I'm working..;-) I have made exceptions and taken some the day of and the balance a week or two later. I hold on to the film until I receive the balance and then send it in to the lab for development only after I receive full payment.

I get a deposit when the contract is signed ---usually just $300.00. I receive the rest on the day of the wedding or shortly thereafter. I haven't been real fussy with the final fee payment as I'm fortunate in that I've not been stung yet with a non-payer. Most of my money comes after the wedding with album and re-print sales. My initial fee is quite low, for various reasons, but I've so far generated sales from each wedding that are much greater then the initial fee.

Re-orders for prints are handled by the internet service I use and they collect the money.

Works for me so far.

I think that in this business,like any other you are selling,and just like when you go to buy a car or anything elses"you get them while they are hot" meaning that make them pay for it in advance.

then rush the job so you still get them emmotional and motivated to buy extra prints and inlargments.

then move up to the next wedding. do not waste time trying to collect money from customers afterwards,collecting time will not bring you any proffits,but might bring you some disapointments.

What is it saying to a customer allowing them to pay after the event? Its saying that they might not be happy and they might not have to make the last payment if they're not happy. It says the photographer might think there's a chance the customer might not be happy with the work.<br>

I'm sure photogs do it to be nice to a customer, either make it easier for them to pay, or give them some additional confidence, but this doesn't do it. There can always be hassles getting payment after the event. Maybe when they see the photos they might not be exactly what they want, but perhaps that person wouldn't have been happy with any photographer in the known universe. Be confident, get half to a third up front and the rest at least a week before the wedding day.