Can you identify this please?

rogerp

I answered the wrong post first. I think it is a Pentacon Six narrow extension ring to get closer focus with a 180mm Sonnar. The slot in the breech end confirms that. It is quite old, as it doesn't have a mechanism for transmitting the aperture to a camera body, so it would have to be used in stop-down mode. I couldn't see if your shot, but I assume it has three lugs on the male end that match the gaps in the breech ring on the female end. Someone on eBay will probably pay $10 or more for it. Regards, Ross

Rogers: Not exactly. It is an extension ring (for macro) that is mounted directly to any lens for PentaconSix or Kiev 60, not only for a 180 lens. Additional extension rings (if needed) can be mounted between the ring in question and the camera. A mechanism for transmitting the aperture to a camera body is present but is hidden in the photo because of the angle the picture was taken. For this ring to operate swiftly you need a double cable release, i.e. a set of two cables mounted in a contraption that triggers both cables simultaneously. One cable is attached to the ring and another to the camera. I am certain about this information because I have both pieces in front of me while typing this note.

Cheers, Marek