New D70 battery grip !!!

marcello dasilva

Matter of fact: I've met the representative of HK Jenis at the Photokina fair in Cogne last friday. There was a D70 with a battery pack attached. The battery pack was fully working. The given info from the representative was difficult to get because the man only spoke rudimentary English (I must admit I don't speak Chinese either). I asked about price and how to get one. The man said it should be possible to get one (in HongKong!!!) by the end of the year for around 120 $US.

So, the least I can say that I saw a demo unit fully compatible with a D70.

I think Nikon really missed the boat on not designing a vertical grip for the D70. I've sent emails to them about it. With the number of pros shooting the D70 as their primay digital, you'd think they'd produce one. Not everyone likes a vertical grip, but I sure do. If HKJenis can sell one that fits and works well, more power to them!

• 4 weeks later...
Guys here in Europe we also very interested in the Vertical Grip, and we don?t understand why Nikon missed it, what their intentions(?) they are really missing the train, specially now that Canon is about to release 300D Black Edition (black eye kiss original in Japan) to both American and Europe markets. You all may bet that everyone wich uses D70 will buy a Vertical Grip. About Hong Kong Jenis, already contacted them in order to know if they import that acessoire if so.. I will Buy it!!!