broken rewind

over exposure

Hi guys,

I tried for a search, but didn' found anything..

My M6 lose the rewind lever while rewinding, the screw mount on the

body looks like has lost the screwed surface...

The rewinding lever just fell on the ground, leaving me with the

nightmare of having still to rewind 20 frames..I really couldn't

expect it would happen, that M6 TTL can have a maximum of 10 rolls

done over it...

Stories or experience about it?

thank you all

Odd, all the thing has to do is stay on the shaft, any method of fixing there will do (Grabs M6)..and still with film in removes knob. There is (or at least should be) a locking screw in the knob, just visible in the second picture. In the first picture there is the stub, with a screwdriver slot in it to allow assembly/disassembly. You could rewind the film using that screw slot. There seems to ba quite a lot of thread on mine. The spacers (a pile of washers) are there to reduce the up/down play and are not realy nessesary for operation (I bet you lost those). Rewinding screws the knob onto the shaft, if the shaft is knackered you could glue the knob on pro tem.<div>009yvl-20289084.jpg.c3a0b2234b7fda393c1ebf32881965d9.jpg</div>

Odd, all the thing has to do is stay on the shaft, any method of fixing there will do (Grabs M6)..and still with film in removes knob. There is (or at least should be) a locking screw in the knob, just visible in the second picture. In the first picture there is the stub, with a screwdriver slot in it to allow assembly/disassembly. You could rewind the film using that screw slot. There seems to be quite a lot of thread on mine. The spacers (a pile of washers) are there to reduce the up/down play and are not realy nessesary for operation (I bet you lost those). Rewinding screws the knob onto the shaft, if the shaft is knackered you could glue the knob on pro tem.<div>009yvs-20289184.jpg.fdb8a6b45b8d94f2182869af2cf5e9b2.jpg</div>

The ONLY way you can lose the rewind knob when rewinding is by winding it backwards. If you rewind the proper way, (clockwise)the knob will tighten up on the threaded shaft. For it to have come off, it has to have been turned counter-clockwise, unless it was forced and stripped the threads off the shaft which could happen if the rewind lever on the front of the camera was not set for rewinding.