In the response to my previous question, a poster recommended I look at dye-sub

printers, and I'm curious to see what people's experience with them is. The reason I'm

curious is that I've had some prints made at my local pharmacy's Kodak Picture Maker

station, which uses (I think) a Kodak 6800 series dye-sub printer. The results have been

underwhelming: the pictures look "artificial" in a way that they don't when printed on a

Frontier printer. It's hard for me to describe what I am seeing; it just doesn't have the

richness of texture and color that the same image printed on a Frontier printer has.

What do other people think? Does the Kodak represent what other dye-subs are going to

look like? What's your subjective opinion?

Andrew

You had a bad experience with a Kodak kiosk, which does not reflect the results I have with an Hi-Touch printer. In any case, any response you get to this question is the opinion of the writer. If you want other opinions, www.dpreview.com has a forum dedicated to printers and printing.

Kodak will send you a sample print if you request. Better yet, prevail on a local camera shop to print one or two of your images. You will be pleasantly surprised. I only suggest that you purchase a printer from that shop, if you decide to buy, out of professional courtesy.