Time to reduce photo critique requests?

lukep

Someone stop me if I'm being dumb, but as the number of members and

photos on this site increases it is becoming harder to take the time

to follow various photo critiques and threads of interest.

In a bid to pursue quality over quantity would it not be a good idea

to reduce the number of photo critiques allowed per day? I know this

is one of the central perks of photo.net's paying friends ;-) but

hey.

Does anyone else feel slightly overwhelmed with 500+ new pics being

submitted for critique each day?

Would it do the site some good and stop us chucking out tosh for

people to suffer? Would it give us more space and time to ponder and

consider a better quality and smaller selection of images?

Well, no-one stopped me so I'm going to click POST.

I think you have a point, but :)<br> <br> with the increased image counts, user count also increases, more "eyes" for that critique forum, so don't think there is a problem there.<br> I think the best way to critique photos/help people is to find someone with the similar skill level and put them in your favorite list, and try to follow their work and help. I think if everyone will get involved in such way, we will have a nice and friendly community here. (not that it is not nice and friendly now lol) <br> <br> But I think you got a very good point, just the solution is else where. Can anyone else agree or disagree?<br> <br> Alon Brik

I have a photo in critique only, and it's been there for awhile with no comments, and most photos there have very few comments. I am fairly new to taking photos and would like some comments to get better.

I also like to have pics rated so I rate photos back. I was going though the photo ratings and got bored because one person has about nine photos almost in a row four of which are pretty much the same photo.

So yes I think there should be a limit to photos submtted a day.

Hi all..I think that there is a point in what Howard says..on the other hand i find that to have a lot of people rating and critic photos pretty much tells me the average opinion on my photos uploaded..the number of photos that are uploaded does not bother me at all as it gives me a chance to see the many different subjects and the rich diversity of peoples thoughts and creative minds. Many photos are very bad and it can be discussed if they are worth uploaded, but what is a good photo to them may be bad for others so..what i think may be bad is to have the socalled good photographers taking all the space here and leave those who need help on becoming better outside..this will maybe create a situation that this site becomes more for those that demands total perfection in both tecnical skills and creativity...and we loose the diversity..i have many times wondered about those in this site that consequently rate low on people that does not follow the socalled "norm" as it is for instance too much PS corrected or manipulated..so what is worst i dont know..and i dont have an answer but interessting thoughts and a important issue you raise here Luke..

--willy--