Help on full-press digital speed to shoot. I need more SPEEEED, scotty!

erik_h

Rob, that's a very odd intepretation. What part of "compromise" don't you get? There are certain things I'm willing to compromise and others I am not. They're different for each camera. The F30 didn't meet the bill.

I bought that camera because it had a very distinctive set of features, ALL of which I wanted. Low light performance and fast speed were two of the biggies.

Any requirement to trade off features in an attempt to reach a higher focus speed would mean that, well, I'd be trading off.

Is the low light good? yup. Does that mean that the low light performance would "compensate" for a small aperture, say, in bright light? Yup.

Hey, all well and good... until I want fast speed AND low light. Which is one of the things I thought the camera could do when I bought it. In my particular life, that situation would come up pretty often, for example. So giving it up would be problematic.

I suppose I could have wasted time learning about it. But seeing as I'm intelligent enough to recognize a fatal-for-me flaw quickly, why waste time? I know what the options are to "improve" things, and I wasn't interested in that case.

Sheesh. Drop the lecturing tone, willya?