see how I would attach the flash to the bracket with the shoe of the

flash in the socket of the cord.

Does Stroboframe make an adapter to allow this attachment? The guy

at the camera store was no help, telling me I either needed to buy a

Nikon made bracket or just learn to hold the flash in my hand and aim

it. I am sure there is a better option as lots of photographers

mount their flashes on brackets.

Thanks for any advice of info.

Not sure I understand your question. On an SC29 cord, the part with the red light attaches to the hot shoe on the camera. The other end, into which you slip the flash, fastens on to the bracket. Can't remember the specifics of the Flip Flash bracket, but it must have a hole on the top of the bracket, with or without a hand screw, to fasten the flash onto. If there is no thumb screw on the bracket, just go to a hardward store and buy one with the same size thread as the female in that end of the SC 17 cord. then simply slide the flash shoe into the sc 17 cord.

You need to shop in a better camera store if the guy told you to hand hold it or buy a Nikon bracket.

The problem is that Nikon, for reasons passing understanding, does not put an ISO foot on the flash end of the SC-29 cord. So, you use the screw on that attaches the shoe to the arm of the Stroboframe bracket to attach the flash end of the SC-29 cord to the bracket arm.

In the past, to keep the Nikon SC-17 cord from twisting, you would use Stroboframe's SC-17 anti-twist plate:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=103045&is=REG

However, I still use SC-17s and have yet to look at the flash end of the SC-29 cord to see if it has the same footprint as the SC-17s flash end. You will want to call Saunders and confirm this before you order the plate at 585-328-7800.

The Stroboframe anti-twist plate that fits the SC-17 cord does not fit the newer SC-29 cord.

As of a couple months back, there was no anti-twist plate for the new SC-29 cord. Perhaps there now is one... or soon there will be one.

But it works without the anti-twist plate... just attach the remote end of the SC-29 to the bracket with the thumbscrew. Then slide the flash into the SC-29 and away you go.

Be well,

"The Stroboframe anti-twist plate that fits the SC-17 cord does not fit the newer SC-29 cord."

DOH!

"As of a couple months back, there was no anti-twist plate for the new SC-29 cord."

Call Tiffen at the number above. I checked the B&H site and did not see a plate for the SC-29.

"But it works without the anti-twist plate ... just attach the remote end of the SC-29 to the bracket with the thumbscrew. Then slide the flash into the SC-29 and away you go."

And I could drive my car on its rims without tires, but it would suck. Without a plate to keep the SC-29 from swiveling, you're kinda boned.

Walter, the SC-29 cord supports iTTL. This is not an issue for Psul with the N80 and SB-50.

Hey, guys, I spoke to the owner of my store. There is a Stroboframe SC-29 anti-twist plate coming out, which he believes Stroboframe has whymsically named the "Stroboframe SC-29 Anti-twist Plate." He has these on backorder and none have shipped thus far.

Also, Promaster is coming out with an SC-29 cord of its own that does have an ISO foot on the flash end of the cord. For some time, Promaster has also made an SC-17 cord with an ISO foot on the flash end of the cord.

Eric, you wrote, "Without a plate to keep the SC-29 from swiveling, you're kinda boned."

I understand what you are saying, BUT... I have used the SC-29 on my Stroboframe Press-T bracket without any anti-twist plate and there was no trouble. The flash (an SB-28) did not swivel. Portrait mode, landscape mode, back and forth... no problems.

If you have had trouble with the flash swiveling, okay. I haven't had trouble. So I was trying to offer personal experience that the combination is useful, and satisfactory, even though there is no antitwist plate available yet for the SC-29 cord.

Be well,

I get along OK without an anti-twist plate for the SC-17 also.

I use small pieces of vinyl and a fender washer. Its not

that I dont want an anti-twist plate. Ive just

forgotten to add a couple to my B&H orders. I have three or

four SC-17(s) so its not an issue. I just leave one

connected to my flash bracket all the time...<br>

<br>

<a

href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=BFxP2quLCm!328823117?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=SC-17&image.x=5&image.y=8"

target="_new"><u>Here is a B&H Photo link, a search for

"SC-17"</u></a><br>

<br>

The Newton Camera Brackets device says it's for the SC-17 and SC-28.

A search for "SC-29" turns up one device that looks

unappealing to me, "SC-28" gets no useful hits.<br>

<br>

Regards,<br>

<br>

Dave Hartman.

Thanks for all the responses. I see, now, how the cord would attach to the stroboframe bracket. The small clamp like attachment on the bracket unsrcews and in its place you would screw the end of the cord that the flash would then mount on.

The cord I was looking at was actually the SC-28 not the 29, but I don't think it would matter.

I agree that the answer I got from the clerk at the camera store (It was a Ritz Camera) definetly showed a lack of knowledge on his part. They don't carry stroboframe brackets there, so apparently he was unfamiliar with them. Both the SC 17 and SC 28 are the same price on B&H's web site; about $15 less than Ritz so I will order one from them.

Thanks