Adobe RGB vs sRGB for webpage and printing.

Hi,

I did some editing then in Nikon Capture then exported to Photohop

6.0 it was duller. Is this a issue with PS??

Also the colors look great on PS when I saved it as JPG as level 5

and preview this JPG file on Internet Explorer the colors are

duller. Any way around this or is this when you use JPG compression?

The file was a RAW then played around as a TIFF 16 bit.

I think its IE. I opened the same (jpeg) file with the free windows viewer think its called Imaging (win2k). Somehow IE has another language ...

Does anyone know what how does the lab open your digital file? Basically I want it so their machine understands my file as it looks on my screen or be on my soon to be calibrated screen.

My file is already sRGB but it looks much nicer on PS, under IE it was duller. The file is like 30KB 6x4" @72dpi. I open the same file under Imagaing (windows app) and it looks much nicer than it was IE.

I tried the convert command did not use. I even converted the sRGB back to Adobe RGB and usse the convert command. What I see is its consistent in PS and the same quality is under Imagaing but when this same file is viewed with IE its duller.

To hell with IE! I had success when i converted from sRGB to my own monitor profile (which is maybe a sin, but my colors are now right). In the other case, pictures are in IrfanView and IE always much paler... (which is not acceptable)

Profile is not saved with the picture in any case - so it should play no role for ICC-unaware applications... :-?