Dissolve or liguidfy Epson 2200 inks?

I'm pretty sure the solvent in inkjet inks is a water/glycerine/alcohol mix (not sure WHICH alcohol). Might try some combination of those if water alone isn't solvent enough.

For this purpose you might also try printing on non-matte papers - the ink tends to sit up on the surface more which makes it more accessible to being pushed around with a brush or whatever. With matte paper it may nestle down in the coating pores and be harder to manipulate.

You are, of course, working against all the hours Epson's engineers and chemists spent trying to make sure the ink stayed in place and DIDN'T dissolve after printing. ;<)

Joe the pigments are carried in some kind of binder, just like oil paints where the

pigments are usually in a linseed oil medium. Hence the name "oil paints".

To put a finer point on my question for you its the binder of the Epson inks that I'm lookig

to "manipulate".

Neither mineral spirits or water have worked.

I think theoretically the binder for Ultrachrome ink (or at least what remains after it's dry is resin. On glossy anything that disolves the binder will likely pull the entire print off the page. As for softening the ink up so it can be moved or manipulated I don't think it's neccesarily possible. The ink tends to be spread in a pretty thin layer on the surface of the paper and there isn't really any excess to spread around. You could try something like a wet piece of rubber though. In my experience friction plus water allows you to roll the black ink on Durabrite printers a bit so Ultrachrome might be similar.