Good photo publications?

<i>it's a hell of a lot more interesting than the "this lens vs that" or "this bag vs that" which come up every 10 hours or so.

</i><p>

No disagreement here, but I don't think any new magazines have appeared in the last two weeks.<p>

<i>There hasn't been a good strap thread in awhile...</i><p>

So which strap is best for a teacher with an unruly class in Arkansas?

Chris check out TRP, The Railroad Press it is an exellent publication that comes out 4 times a year. The magaizine displays train photos in color and in black and white. Under each photo there is a caption telling a story and technical info.

<a href=http://www.thegmcgroup.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?usr=51F746459&rnd=7305603&rrc=N&affl=&cip=12.203.181.202&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=1003BW&cat=Photography&catstr=HOME:Photography>Black&White Photography</a>

Lenswork is good, but not worth the price, IMO. Same with Camera Arts. I get Pop Photo because it's free, and a couple of freebie trade publications (Rangefinder and Studio Photography). I sometimes buy Black & White Photography at B&N.

I used to get many photo magazines, but now I find more and better reading on the net in forums such as this one. I don't, however, find viewing photos on a computer screen very satisfying, so I spend my magazine money (and more!) on books by photographers I like. I have almost everything Elliott Erwitt has ever done except his book of architectural photos.

I also have most of David Douglas Duncan's books, including several copies of his Korean War book, in case anyone is interested.

so, Jeff and Brad..........did a google on Hamburger Eyes.....is that buyolympia.com (or something like that at) the only place to get it..........or can you buy it at a store too?

...as far as photo mags, I've subscribed to a bunch of them, or bought them in stores consistently...........I seemed to get bored with them after about a year...although Aperture's 50 year book (Past Forward, I believe)of excerpts of various issues/articles/photos of their mag is superb....anyhow, right now, i too am looking for a new mag to try out........Hamburger Eyes seems interesting.

Now that you mention it, I gave up on NG a couple of years ago and told my wife to stop giving the subscription to me as a Christmas present each year. Basically, I found it boring as dirt except for, maybe, a couple of issues a year. I can buy those at B&N if the spirit moves me.

Tom, I've only seen Hamburger Eyes in a few stores in SF. You can order from the HE

website and also from their distributor, lastgasp.com. Looks like the place you mentioned

has it too. It's worth finding - chaotic and fun, and cheap at $5.

www.citysnaps.net