Greetings,

I have been asked to make black and white prints of family portraits

for a calendar. I will make conventional prints and I would like to

be able to make the calendar using the prints rather than making

digital files and printing out the results using a software calendar

template. Does anyone know of a source for blank calendars that I

could attach the prints to?

Thanks!!!

Try this freeware. I have used it [ver 2.03E] with good results under Win98SE and there is also a new version [ver 3.0E-beta] for XP on the download site:

http://www.bento.ad.jp/freeware/english/calendar/download/

Photo Print Calendar from Yokohama

[Computer Institute of Japan, Ltd]

The older version [2.03E] does NOT allow saving completed calendar pages to "file" for printing later (you are supposed to print from the layout while the application is open) BUT there is a work around for that. If you have Adobe Acrobat (PDF writer, NOT the reader] or can download a freeware PDF creator (there are several of those about) you can save the completed page layouts in a printable format as a PDF file because the calendar application sees that PDF creation as a virtual printer.

For front and back cover pages of a calendar you can also use any other application that will let you layout such a page with pictures and text - e.g. MS Word, QuarkXPress, ect. Both Word and Quark (and others) have facilities to create "cells" and thus for the back cover you can print 12 cells with thumbnails of the pictures used on the calendar pages so all 12 months' pictures can be seen at a glance, just like commercial calendars.

A second option creating calendars, if you don't want to run this Yokohama application is to create the calendar pages from MS Outlook and print the image on the back... thus you get (in order of printing and assembly) a cover, first, with Jan image on the back and the next page has Jan calendar on the front and Feb picture on the back... and so forth... then ending with Dec calendar on the front of the last sheet and the back cover on the reverse of that.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Hunter

Adding a bit here as I re-read your orig massage and noticed that you want to use a conventional photographic print rather than a digital image print...

Print the calendar pages as described in my first post, including the front and back covers, but without printing the images as digital images and merely leave spaces to attach your conventional prints in the appropriate places to the skeleton calendar. For this I would print on a medium card stock (ca 180 to 220 gm/sq m) and use an ordinary re-positionable print mounting spray to mount the prints.