Mogollon Rim Fall Color

claire_curran1

Claire

I was in flagstaff 3 weeks ago, the aspen had peaked, and were on their way down. I have a friend who was in on the rim near Heber a week ago, and the leaves were pretty good at the time. The Oaks and

bushes,were turning and were just peaking.There was a good winter storm last week,and the rim got snow as well as Flagstaff.I do not know if you live here in AZ,but we are getting another winter storm that is arriving tomorow night(wed)through thursday.This too is suppose to have a low snow level, and wind. I would say between the cold and Wind ,that there will not be a lot of leaves on the trees along the rim after this weekend. I would think the lower areas under the rim like , Christopher Creek would still have leaves.Here is a toll free number on fall colors by the US forestry service 1-800-354-4595 and here is fall colors on their web site www.fs.fed.us/news/fallcolors/.

I hope this helps

I was on the Rim at Pinetop/Lakeside this past weekend (Oct. 23-24). The oaks had pretty much changed over and many were pretty barren. No snow remained after a few inches a couple of days earlier. There were no aspens where I was, but the few planted I saw in town looked drab and shabby (way past peak). The light on the manzanitas however was captivating.