Special siduation for schoolk, what do you suggest

cole_barash

I am 17 year old photographer and I shoot snowboarding professionally for two

magazines during the winter and spring. Things are going super well but my parents

want me to get some type of higher education after high school. I have been told

that a photography school like Brooks is not going to be worth it for me especially the

first two years are going to be a waste of money. Since I need to be available during

the winter and spring to shoot snowboarding I can't go to a regular four year school.

Any suggestions as to what to study or where? Or should I go to photography school?

There is more to the photography business than shooting for a few editorial magazines a couple months a year. Take your parents advice and get an education in photography. An college degree will get you further ahead in the long run and will increase your earning potential. I had more years of experience in photography than you have living when I returned to school to get my degree in photography and I learned a great deal all four years of my degree. Believing you won?t learn much because you have a little experience is arrogant and foolish.