Elmarit 90f2.8R on `Canon 1DM2

kajf

Well a Digital Leica is not a option so I just got a EOS to Leica

adapter yesterday.

Had to try it out - here is an example (on f2.8) - this lens work

very well on a digital body, even it was made looong before digital<div>00AnJv-21396684.jpg.f1c5ecf10ba0becc6ec45e1f5397f1ad.jpg</div>

The adapter I have is from CameraQuest Stephen Gandy [leicanikon at earthlink.net] very well made!

As far as I know it will fit any EOS camera and alnost all LeitzR lens (perhaps with an extension on some wich protrudes long into the camera

They work on any EOS camera. Nice picture Kaj. My old eyes have trouble focusing the Leica R lenses with the adaptor on the little APS size sensor camera(s) (1.6 factor). This 90 2.8 is a wonderful lens but the EOS 85 1.8 and 100 2.0 aren't shabby either. I'm hoping my 90 2.8 is on it's way to someone who will get more use from it this week. If not it has and will continue to make great pictures for me. Best, Gil.

Lovely shot Kaj. I was thinking of doing the same for the

Digital Rebel, but as Gil mentioned, the tiny viewfinder is tough for focusing (especially with the pentamirror in the DRebel), although it helps with the right angle finder. Still, I only need digital for fast shots, so I'm there's not reason to have to go through all that trouble for it. I'm definitely a lot more effective with my Leica lenses on my Leica bodies, so I'm sticking to it.

The 1D body is a totally different story though. I think the mirror is supposed to be huge, and you can get a different focusing screens, so it is actually feasible to try manual focusing on them beauties. However, I suspect that the Leica DMR will be superior to the 1DmkII or the old 1Ds, so I'll probably save up my pennies (or sell all my Canon gear and then some) for it.

Question for Peter A., how are you finding the 80 Lux. on the Canon DSLR?

You mentioned some time ago about doing a comparison with the 85 1.2L lens. Just wondering, as I am thinking of picking-up a used 80 Lux. for that different "look" to the 100 Apo. I have the Novaflex adapter, and used Canon DSLR's are cheap these days!!!