Any 20D vs 10D/Drebel sample pics out there?

johann_fuller

that's NOT a good comparison as he re-sampled the 300D images in PS to make it the same size. Re-sampling produces artifacts and certainly cannot compare to the original image when doing this sort of tests. Once the file is manipulated is NO longer the way it came out of the camera.

He should have moved closer to the target if he was concerned about showing it at the same size in both cameras.

I sold my Rebel and bought the 20D. I have lots of pictures and the bottom line is there is not really any perceptible difference in the images from these cameras. Yes there's lower noise at 1600 ISO. But in terms of color and contrast and so on, it is impossible to tell the difference between my DRebel images and the 20D ones. I use the 50mm/1.8 and the only way to tell images apart is to look at the image dimensions in my viewer. The extra 2MP makes very little difference.

It was worth it to me to get this camera because of a lot of little things about the operation of the camera. But in terms of the final image it really only a very small step up.