Canon A70 Help

I'm hoping someone can help. My Canon A70 got very wet and now it

doesn't work. The lens is in the out position and when I hit the

power "on" button the green light blinks twice, the screen blinks on

for a second, and then it turns off. After it got wet I took the

batteries and card out and I let the camera dry out.

Any advise?

<< and I let the camera dry out >>

But are you sure the insides were dry before you turned it back on? How did you dry it? How lond did you let it dry?

My guess is that your camera is now a nice paper weight. Good thing A70's are less expensive than ever these days :) Heck, maybe you could even upgrade to an A75. :)

Ok I put new batteries in the camera and it turns on. The LCD screen comes on for a few seconds (10 or so) and then it beeps a bunch of times and flashes an "E18" on the bottom left corner of the LCD screen and turns off. The lens stays out.

I'm looking through the manual but it doesn't say what the "E18" error is?

As far as the water goes....its my wifes camera she took our son for a train ride and they got cought in a pouring rain. I let it dry for a week to 10 days.

E18 is probably not related to your soaking. E18 is a problem with the lens. There's a lot of info on it in the dpreview.com forums. It's something that Canon will most likely charge you for to fix and the cost is pretty high.

You won't be able to get the camera serviced without returning it to Canon. It is doubtful whether the repair will be covered under warranty, and the cost is likely to be around the cost of a new camera. I suggest you prepare yourself to buy a new camera - and if you expect to try to use it in wet conditions, add a waterproof/diving case, or perhaps consider one of the weatherproof Olympus models.