M6 "Classic?"

"M6 Classic?"

Uggh...I think I want to puke.

Sounds like f@#king "Coke Classic" to me.

I got my Coca Cola Classic, and my M6 Classic, and my Happy Meal.

I wonder if Ronald Mac Donald will take my picture with my M6 Classic?

I'm glad Bush got another four years. He is so oblivious, I think he

might actually be able to wreck our sick consumeristic society beyond

repair. Then everyone will be hoping for the return of Bush Classic.

You had the M4, then the M5, so why didn't they just call the M4-2

the M4 Classic? Doesn't it make you want to puke?

Did anyone hear or see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Remember where they make that space ship and stick all the

hairdressers, marketing executives and other people who play no

really useful function in society on a space ship and send em off

into the darkness?

Just think what a great world it would be if they eliminated all the

useless jobs.

Then I wouldn't even have to have my ears subjected to the painful

sound of M6 Classic. Would you like your f#$king M6 Classic a la

carte?

Hmmmm... a burr uder your saddle or just cut off by the old lady?

If I recall correctly, it wasn't Leica who coined the phrase M6 Classic, it was Leica users and dealers who were trying to distinguish the new M6TTL from the original M6. Certainly, it was an unecessary title since if it isn't an M6TTL then it must be just an M6.

Now go take your meds.

Who cares what you take your pictures with? I mean why the hell is which brand of camera one uses such a big deal?

It's the photograph that counts. I think cameras are cool, but to get into camps, like this one is cool and that one isn't seems very strange to me.

Don't get me wrong guys, I ain't reacting against anyone here. I am more than anything reacting against myself, as I am guilty of the dumbest camera factionalism. I think we are victims of our education. I mean secretly wouldn't we all like to be like someone who knows nothing about what camera is what?

Don't we all seek that pure vision, free of attachments and prejudices?

I'd like to propose that we all submit a photo taken with the cheapest simplest camera available. The prize would go to the forum member that creates the most stunning photo with the simplest camera. be it shoebox, instamatic, or Holga.

The challenge of a good photographer is that he can take great pictures with a rotten camera.

Claude,

Your second message is an interesting one but I cannot, for the life of me, relate it to your opening message. No one ever said anything about an M6 being better/worse than an M6TTL. The TTL simply ads a feature the M6 didn't have. That doesn't make it a better or worse camera, and there has never, to the best of my knowledge, been anyone saying one is better than the other.

Be that as it may, the only thing I have that anyone might attempt to claim is a lousy camera is my Lomo. But to me it isn't a louy camera. It's just a little crudely made camera that actually works pretty well and is easy to pack around, not to mention that if I lose it I'm not out much (I have already lost one and promptly bought a replacement).

How about we all go out and take lousy photos with our really good cameras... oh wait... I do that all the time. Oh well, perhaps your idea is better.

Lee,

Actually that makes sense to me. The M6 _IS_ the modern classic. It is a camera built from the original M3 foundation. Essentially the basic internals are there but modernized (a good thing?) by the addition of a TTL exposure metering system, along with other internal changes. But that isn't the same as what tripped Claude's trigger i.e., "M6 Classic" a term coined by people other than Leica corporate.

For alll you whiners who complain about every freakin thing in the universe

Suit yourselves.

I, on the other hand plan to enjoy life and not worry about stupid things like this. Dont like

it, dont buy it. Wow wasnt that just so simple?

You like bush? good for you too.

Do you really expect any company not to market? Not to make money? Companies like

Leica have to answer to their creditors and shareholders also.

Big Deal