David Alan Harvey

National Geo crapic... The last time i posted was about DAVIDS Vietnam

story. This time its re the Australian story in the latest Nat geo. He needs a

holiday or should just retire if he going to continue to produce this below

average rubish. Somebody should show him the story in there shot by the

young lady??? Good on her

So you admit to being a troll then, welcome to the club. I think his Aussie stuff (print, not web) was better than 'Nam. I remember a couple of shots in particular that I liked: a rodeo rider launching off, and a couple of buckaroos with leather leg covers... both were slow-sync flash as I recall.

the use of larger format may be DAH feels like a change..required more tonal and colour scale...or Fuji paid him to use those big cameras.DAH did advertising promos for Nikon digital.

i like his work and the way he uses very little equipment.Many find his work uninspiring.Its not about "impact".The photos he shows or rather NGS,are quite moments and very similar and at same time strong due to their "sameness".Recently saw a gallery show and photographer used everything from "fish-eye",zooms and ultra tele shots.It was all over the place in presentation.It simply was lousy.Mostly i use the 50mm.i find working with 2, sometimes 3 lenses at most, i am both free and at liberty to work around a subject.DAH and William Allard

both give me ideas and thoughts on photography.Are some photos "lousy"? Depends on viewpoint.Awhile back i felt DAH wedding shots in some small village in the USA were lousy.i looked again at the "shoot" and actually liked them...