OM 2n and T32 long shutter speeds in ttl mode

igord

Hi,

I have read that one can avoid automatic setting on 1/60s shutter

speed in om 2n when used with T32 in ttl mode (for long shutter

speeds) by taping the ready lamp pin. I did it, the lamp doesn't

work but I still have automatic 1/60 and full power flash. Do you

have any experinece with it? Normally my flash/camera works perfect.

Are you sure you're taping off the right contacts? When I put a non-dedicated flash on my OM-2n (equivalent to taping off the TTL flash contacts), the shutter stays open in auto mode until sufficient exposure has been received. Do it with the lens cap on and the shutter stays open until I take the cap off, despite the flash. There are four contacts on the shoe4 hotshoe. Only two of them, the rails, and the contact dead center on the shoe are required for non-TTL flash. Are you taping off both of the other two contacts?

Igor, you have to get clear on the terminology. TTL is the way the OM-2n light meter works. It meters TTL whether you're in auto or manual mode. And speaking of modes, the OM-2n has three positions for the mode switch, auto, manual and off. Technically, there's no TTL "mode." Furthermore, "off" is really an attenuated auto mode, though I won't go into the details of that here.

It occurred to me while I was out riding my bicycle this evening that I was refering to camera operating modes, while you were refering to flash operating modes. So the answer is yes, you can only cheat in sensor autoflash or manual flash modes. You can't overide the cameras flash program in TTL autoflash.