Low key - model in studio

igord

and here's the html from above, if anyone (Igor) want to copy it and use it...

Hey! Look, a clickable <a href=" http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=430952/">link!</a>

I love low key and soft lighting from the side! Nice again, and thanks for keeping this place alive with testings! Do you scan at the lab Igor, with developing, or do you do it at home?

Igor,

I shoot a lot of low-key in the studio, and I'm prepared to bet that your slides are a LOT

better than the scans. I have a heck of a time getting scans of low-key negs or

transparencies to have a true black, or to have the contrast of the originals.

The scans you've posted here look a little desaturated and have pretty low contrast. The

pictures themselves look fine, though I personally use and prefer harsher and more

directional lighting.

The one other thing that jumps out at me (and again this may be due to the scans) is that

the overall color rendition is a bit cool, which shows up especially in the skin tones.

• 2 weeks later...
forgive my ignorance, but I thought high and low key lighting reffered to the angle of the lighting, not to the intensity of the lighting. These shots look like the light was placed higher than the model. So I am now confused about the whole high/low key lighting scheme. Can someone please enlighten me? (pun intended!)