Digital lenses (nikon/sigma) with 35mm

david_clark10

Hey all, I've had a 24-120VR for ages and use it with my D100 & F80.

Prob is would like something a bit wider for the D100. Seen various

Nikon/Sigma/Tamron.......DX, EX, DC variants and most say for

D100/D70/D1X/D2h etc. Are they compatible in any way with my F80 what

would happen if I used one ie a 18-35mm would there be terrible

vignetting, incomplete coverage or image loss etc?

I recently got a Sigma 15-30mm for my D70 ( 22-45mm equivalent on my F100s) and I did take a few shots on film using the F100 and didn't really see any vignetting but the wide angle angle view on my F100 was awesome.I didn't shoot wide open so I can't say anything about softness and I didn't really check the distortion/pin cushioning effect ( basically since I don't take my lens critique to the levels of some seasoned pros here).

I used to have a 19-35mm Tamron I used occationally for interior shots but this 15-30mm completely blows away that lens. I can't wait to return to Hearst Castle and venues when I thought the 19-35mm was so wide...and the price for the Sigma was $350 since I got from a new seller on Ebay that people perhaps stayed away from. I took my chance and came up a winner,,,this time anways..

Armando: the Sigma is a lens for full frame sensors (i.e., 35 mm film) - therefore no problems with your full frame F100 (and btw. the cropping factor applies when you calculate the "effective" (or felt) focal length on a DSLR, but not for your F100).<br>

As Shun said the Nikkor 18-35 mm works on a full frame F80 (but I don't have this one ... but I wouldn't expect "terrible vignetting, incomplete coverage or image loss" - many reviews such as <a href="http://www.photo.net/ezshop/product?product_id=52">here</a> will tell you a different story).