Not a question as Adobe just released CameraRaw 2.4 update.

beeman458

The upgrade includes the Adobe DNG (Digital Negative) converter as well as added RAW conversion support for a half dozen new to the market camers: Canon's EOS 20D, 1DsMkII, PowerShot S70 and G6. It also adds support for Konica Minolta: DiMAGE A200 and the Maxxum 7D/DYNAX 7D.

It's not a must have update.

When using this with a CR2 file from my 20D, it said

"the document has an internal color profile that does not match RGB working space. The embedded profile will be used instead of the working space.

Embedded; Adobe RGB (1998)

Working space: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Does anyone know how to make it use sRGB, or how to convert to that after the RAW conversion has been done? Adobe RGB output looks wrong on every other app that I view it in.

At the time of conversion, you'll have a choice, as to what "space" you can have the file converted to. And if you open a file up and this sort of message box shows up, you should have a "space" box to choose and then you can assign the image the color space of your choosing.

Hope the above helps.

"I can convert my 20D RAW even before upgrading. Can someone tell me what are the improvements? (Besides 20D is not offically supported in the previous release)"

It's not an "improvement" in as this is Adobe's release of an offically updated version over the recently released beta version which this new version superceeds. The new version "offically" adds both DNG and RAW conversion support for a half-dozen newly added cameras.

I'm sure there's some minor code changes underneith the compiler as the file is a bit larger than the beta version was.

Just use Adobe 1998 as your working space and make a working copy in sRGB to send to your other apps, or select sRGB for your target space in your RAW coverter (or camera jpegs) if you want to have sRGB as your wokring space (select in PS Color Settings). Most agree that a .PSD in Adobe 1998 RGB is a filetype and great working space, and its easy to covert to sRGB down the road to sent to your other apps, or post on-line.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Mike Wrote:

"Thank you, Thomas!"

Always a pleasure to share with everybody here:)

------------------------------------------------------------------

David wrote:

"Hi Thomas, I am not talking about the beta version but verson 2.3. 20D is not mentioned in the list of supported camera but I have no problem in converting 20D RAW. Therefore I wonder why they need to come up with the version 2.4 for 20D?"

Ya got me on that one David. I upgraded to 2.3, 2.4beta and 2.4 even though I'm only up to a 10D as to sensor body types. When it comes to upgrades, I'm a bit of an automaton. I'm always afraid that there are all these undisclosed bug fixes the software company didn't tell us about and if I don't do "this" upgrade I'm gonna be bitten by one of these undisclosed bugs.

So in this case, you'll have ta give Adobe a call as maybe they can give you the inside skinny on whazzz hap-i-nin cause I sure can't:)

Has anyone tried this 2.4 version already? I have always used 2.3 for omporting RAW's from the 1D MkII. I don't have an 1Ds MkII but downloaded some RAW's from the internet. ( http://www.jirvana.com/raw_large/1ds_1ds2_compared/ )

However if I try to import them into PS CS, I get an error message saying the file is not the right kind of document. I can open and convert these files in DPP 1.5 from Canon.

"Has anyone tried this 2.4 version already? I have always used 2.3 for omporting RAW's from the 1D MkII. I don't have an 1Ds MkII but downloaded some RAW's from the internet. ( http://www.jirvana.com/raw_large/1ds_1ds2_compared/ )"

"However if I try to import them into PS CS, I get an error message saying the file is not the right kind of document. I can open and convert these files in DPP 1.5 from Canon."

Upon rereading you comment above, it sounds like something might be happening to the file at time of download. Do you have access to a 1DSMkII file, that hasn't been downloaded from the web?