Autobellows/135 with Flexbody

mark_messerly1

You want to put a bellows lens and bellows on a bellows camera?

If you use the Flexbody with the Macro-Planar 120 you do need to use extention rings for some magnifications.

Your proposed set-up would give you a stepless range from infinty to very macro with tilt and some shift. The 135, like the 120, performes well at 1:5 and OK at infinity (and 1:1) at small apetures.

I simply attach my Hasselblad to the back of my Sinar monorail: I can focus to infinity with all lenses down to 150, (which I have mounted in a recessed lens panel for the purpose). For shorter focal lengths I can attach a Hasselblad (or other) magasine directly to the Sinar.

For example: A flat plane is parallel to the film plane. There are three objects spaced vertically on this plane (e.g. three flies on a board). I'd like to focus on one fly, throwing the other two out of focus. Tilting the plane relationship would do this, thus the interest in the tilt function of the flexbody. I hope this makes sense, and is my idea correct? I'm ignoring the additional extension and shift features of the Flex for this scenario. Thanks for the response!

Yes, Mark you can use tilt to give you differential focus in a plane not parallel to the film plane: you can have the foreground and background in focus and the middle distance blurred:

Take a nude, contra-jour leaning over backwards in the bridge position with hands and feet on the ground.

Put the camera at pubic height so the pubic hairs are �on the horizon�.

Use a wide angle and adjust the tilt so that the head hair and pubic hair are sharp, and the breasts are out-of-focus.

The usual use of tilt is to keep subject components in a plane (or zone) in focus:

Take the young lady (or two or three if they are to hand) and arrange them on a bed, face up, elbows up, hands behind their heads. Put the camera at the foot of the bed and tilt and focus so that the knees, breasts and elbows are in focus. Arrange the knees to make it decent, but do not hide the pubic hairs.

I have yet to find suitable models, but this one I will call �A landscape photographer�s day off�.

I find this type of subject more interesting than �flies on a wall�.

If you do not already have a Flexbody, get a (Sinar) view camera instead, with roll film backs.

Willing models near Worcester, Cheltenham or Stratford-upon-Avon please get in toutch.