I think I read in the manual that if I took the aperture ring off

the "A" mark, the flash would then set itself to TTL mode and would

automatically adjust the flash output to ambient

brightness.<p>Should I also use slow film so that ambient lighting

doesn't overexpose the picture ?<p>

Thanks in advance,<p>

Daniel

Daniel,

I have an 85mm/1.4 lens stuck wide open at 1.4 and I managed to get very nice results with flash. Use a very slow film and don't stand too close to the subject being photographed. You could use aperture priority at 2.5 with the 300TL flash, but you may get a slow shutter speed set by your T90 The other method (as described by you) may actually work well.

On the other hand, having such a great camera&flash combo, you may want to either replace your broken 135mm lens with another one (dirt cheap) or have it inspected for possible repair. In my situation, there are no spare parts left for my 85mm Zeiss lens.

Raid and Daniel, both of your lenses "may" be repairable without different parts. I had a 400mm lens that the aperature adjustment ring didn't change the F stop. I had it cla'ed and the repairmen fixed that part also, something inside had slipped off, not broken.

David

If you are stuck wide open I would suggest FEL metering in Av mode set at the wide open aperture. assuming you can get the lens to the A mark. Take your spot meter reading and you can use the viewfinder info to check on the amount of flash added. If ambient light is high, at f2.5 you will exceed the 1/250 max sync speed, slow film and maybe a polariser to take out 2 stops or so of light may help there.