digging around to find out what the F75 is really capable of. The F75

manual conveniently skips on the most interesting features. Perhaps

to differentiate it from the F80? Here's one I found:

Flash-exposure-compensation:

The F75 does TTL-flash exposure compensation when the Speedlight has

that functionality (e.g. as per SB800 manual: the F75 is a group I

camera, like the F80). Dial in the compensation on the Speedlight in

TTL mode and it works.

Any one else found more stuff like this?

One thing that I don't understand is that I have seen a few posts in various places claiming that the N80 has a better metering system.

From what I can gather, the N80 has a 10 zone meter while the N75 has a 25 zone meter.

The N80 has spot and center weighted spot metering, the N75 only has center weighted spot metering when in manual mode (When else would you really want to use it??).

Maybe I'm just a neophyte, but it sounds like the N75 has an edge here.

The N/F75 can spot meter or use center-weighted metering in any mode, though spot metering is available (I believe) only by setting the AE-L button to switch to spot metering when it is depressed. Now, a lot of people who are used to the normal dial-type mode switch don't like this, and I understand that; however, I love it, as I can quickly switch back and forth between matrix and spot metering with simple pressure from my thumb. I sometimes take two exposures--one with each mode--in very quick succession, then request that the lab not compensate for exposure. That way, I get to see which result is better in each situation.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that similar to N80, N75 also supports Matrix, Centerweighted, and Spot metering but the latter two are controlled unusually.

What i would like to know is what does that "controlled unusually" mean. Does it impact the quality/accuracy of metering? or is it same as N80.