Official Cosina / Voigtlander Web Site??

larry_dunn

Okay, okay, maybe I've missed something somewhere? but I've been

looking for an Official (manufacturer's) web site for the Cosina /

Voigtlander series of cameras and lenses. (Yes, I've seen the

wonderful stuff that our friend Stephen Gandy does on

camerquest.com)

It's just that I would enjoy a different viewpoint, if available.

Does one exist, and is it in English?

Thanks, in advance. LD

Trevor,

It baffles me that they (Cosina) can be so provincial as not to provide an English translation to their site. Most German manufacturers do and I believe German is a much more widespread language than japanese. Like it or not, English is the de facto lingua franca of modern times, understood at least partially by most cultured persons throughout the world.

I have nothing against Cameraquest; Stephen Gandy has done a great job with his site. He offers top notch info there, not only on the Cosina line but on Leicas in general and many other cameras. However I believe that for a manufacturer to be taken seriously they should offer information generally available worldwide to other than their countrymen.

OTOH, Chinese might be the next de rigueur language so who knows?

Larry, there was a Voigtlander.com in German & English with manufacturer's info on the web as recently aa about 6 months ago, but somewhere along the way, it was shut down & now only the Japanese Cosina site is available with official information. If you use babelfish.altavista.com, it will translate the site to a sufficient degree that you can figure out what they are saying. Goos luck.

That's the site I remember! Thanks, Volker, for posting the web address. I don't remember how I accessed it originally, but when I went back to try it months later, I referenced the Popular Photography Buyer's Guide, which has a .com address listed. I appreciate the correction. It's a nice site.

Good question, Christopher. I've only seen Popular Photography's ubiquitous SQF charts on the CV lenses. With the demise of photodo, I've never seen MTF graphs on CV lenses. Erwin does a review of a group of them, but I haven't seen him actually publish MTF graphs. I too would love to see CV MTF results.