Digital Rebel: Photoshop CS , 6.0 or Elements 2.0 ?

danny_lee2

Hi all, I just aquired a copy of Photoshop CS from my brother in

law. I currently use 6.0, and elements 2.0 came with the D reb.

Questions is, I feel cluttered, I already deleted/uninstalled the

6.0, but havent fully explored CS and elements 2.0 ,

Wondering if you people with better experiences with this software,

is there a need to keep both CS and E 2.0 ? are there any functions

that one has and the other has not ? and finally I use a digital

rebel, would that effect any of the software or is any of this

software better than the other for the Drebel ?

For example, When using 6.0, I couldnt batch resize, but I could

with E 2.0 , dunno about CS as I just JUST recently got it...

I thank you all for your considerations..

If you are going to stick with CS, and I recommend that you do, then I would suggest a buying a book. CS is huge - but would you expect anything else?

<br><br>

<a target="_blank" href="http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm">Here</a> is an article on About.com that talks about the actual differences between the two programs.

<br><br>

As far as the batch resize, you can do this in CS using a custom action and then an automation. It's quite easy to setup and works wonderfully.

<br><br>

My 2-cents - stick with CS.

It's been a while since I read the differences (Elements has come with like three different pieces of hardware in my office lately), but I seem to recall a couple of commands Elements had CS didn't - that may have been fixed with a patch, but they were basically things that had been automated in Elements you had to do manually in CS (and for good reason if you wanted much control over things). There isn't really any reason to keep both. Personally I'd take the CS, but then I actually USE a lot of it for graphics, rendering, and photos. I'd also recommend some of the recent editions of Scott Kelby's books if you want to learn some quick and easy tricks.

OK, didn't read you post thouroughly enough, and unfortunately the primitive forum software doesn't allow editing or deleting posts.

If you already have Photoshop CS, you can remove Photoshop Elements 2.0. Photoshop CS is the most powerful version of Photoshop and you can do everything with it that you can with PS Elements.

How did you install CS with the registration problem? Did you use his number?

Photoshop Elements 3 is the most up to date program now, but if you already have CS stick with it. Elements 3 has a few short cut features CS doesnt use.

If you put someone elses copy of Photoshop on your computer, its already registered in their name. CS when installs automatically registers the program to be able to use it on that computer, and the name will be different. I was going to get the upgrade of CS to go from PS 7, but being its not my copy of 7 to begin with- I can't because CS checks the registration of the original program (7) making sure its legit. If you don't register the program you can't use it after 30 days.

Scott, only the upgrade version will check for the previous installation, and then only for a valid serial number. Registration is and always has been optional. What you are actually refering to, which is new with CS, is the Activation component of the program.

Just like Windows XP or AutoCAD (or a number of other programs), when you do the install and enter the serial number, you are still required to activate the program by contacting Adobe (via phone, fax, or over the web). The program will take your serial number and generic information about the computer it's being installed on and generate a unique id number. That number must be given to Adobe, and then they give you back yet another number that will remove the 30 day limitation.