ok...what's the catch?

Rick Waller

Likely true... also, buy.com has had a couple of problems in the past with "typos," where the too good to be true price was actually displayed on their website by mistake. They honored the lower price, but fixed it right away.

If you're in the market, go for it!!!

the catch is odds are you will never see a rebate. I shop quite often at Fry's electronics in the SF bay area. Good prices most time and GREAT PRICES all the time you get rebates. I have almost $300 in rebate coming for monitors,flash cards,printers and software,,for 2 yrs now. Never think its a deal unless no strings attached.

They actually advertised that same deal to their email list, so I'm sure it's correct. I saw it and remembered being surprised how low that price was, especially for the 80x. But then I also remembered I am "sandisk for life" because of past bad experiences with Lexars, and went on to read my next email...

Two weeks ago I bought a 1MB Sandisk from them for $80. It arrived a day early. I had given them an old address, and they sent UPS to recover it although I got there just before the UPS guy did (I ran into him on my way out). I've used them for at least a dozen transactions in the last three years and not had a single problem. That includes rebates, by the way.

Grrr. The cheapest place I can ever from Britain (and it actually uses a tax loophole from the channel islands) is:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/brands.php?id=6

(no association, just a happy customer)

So on lexar cards it is an exchange rate of 1 dollar to 1 uk pound sterling!!! For a moment one might think Bush had done a good job with the economy! ;-)